When Good Day Columbus contacted us about how to beat belly fat, we knew this was a golden opportunity to assist people in getting ready for spring. Check out the link here for the segment and onto for the bonus section.
5 Foods to Beat Belly Fat:
1. Chili Peppers – capsaicin boosts metabolism and gives the peppers their kick; it’s a great source of vitamin C and is delicious raw, cooked, or powdered in a variety of dishes
2. Kale – as a nutrient-dense green, it offers plenty of vitamins and minerals which are essential in the fat-burning process; it has the added benefit of having fiber which helps with satiety
3. Green Tea – a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that people who drank 4 cups a day had an average weight loss of 6lbs over the course of 8 weeks. It may be worth having a few cups throughout the day!
4. Coconut Oil – not all fats are created equal; coconut oil has medium-chain triglycerides that can help boost thermogenesis (i.e. fat-burning)
5. Cauliflower – contains phyto-nutrient sulforaphane which can stimulate a pathway to reduce fat cells
Remember, some of these foods can help boost your metabolism and others help support the process, but none of them can work their magic outside of a generally healthy diet. Also, it’s important to avoid foods that can lead to excess belly fat, including: trans-fats/partially-hydrogenated oils, refined sugar, processed foods, refined grains and oils, as well as alcohol.