Guten Morgen! Buongiorno!
If it’s not already a good morning, we present to you our top five plant-based breakfasts which provide:
- Fiber to help your digestive system get moving as you start your day
- Protein – seeds and nuts are great sources of plant-based protein, as is amaranth (technically a seed, though typically considered a whole grain)
- Fun – these are colorful and customizable, so get your DIY on!
- Antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals so you’re taking care of your body right out of the gate!
- Fuel for the morning! Test your coffee and bagel against any one of these options and you’ll see which ones hold you until lunch.
Without further ado, your new breakfast options!
- Amazing Amaranth Bowl – Move over, porridge! We have a higher-protein option that also provides minerals such as iron, manganese and phosphorus.
2. Express Detox Smoothie – Love your liver by providing it with the vitamins and minerals it needs from greens! This recipes takes less than 5 minutes and is one of the most-loved from the Green Smoothie Challenge eBook.
3. Sweet Potato & Black Bean Southwestern Skillet – Smoothie. Oatmeal. Rinse & repeat. We know that breakfasts can get a bit repetitive and unimaginative so we’re going to shake it up with this inspired southwestern dish. Make it vegan by not adding an egg on top.
4. Great Goji Groatmeal – This easy recipe can be popped into the slow cooker and you can get fancy with goji berries and other accoutrements. Enjoy this warm breakfast on a cold morning!
5. Cherry Almond Pancakes – Waking up and enjoying a fresh stack of cherry almond pancakes is both a joyful and nutritious way to start the day. May it be the same for you!
Remember to try the 7-day Breakfast Experiment to see which breakfasts work best to fuel you for your day!