“I was a little nervous that maybe you wouldn’t be very patient or understanding if I struggled with making some of the changes to my diet and lifestyle. Luckily, that hasn’t been the case at all!
- I have lost weight
- I have improved my body composition
- I have not had any more kidney stones *knock on wood*
I don’t dread seeing you like I would dread going to the doctor. You’re very friendly and easy to talk to! You’re extremely knowledgeable and I like that you give me background information about the foods. The recipes you give me are always quick, easy, and yummy! You’re also very understanding if I struggle with a certain area and try to come up with new ways to approach it that might work better for me. You’re also interested in aspects of my life outside of food.”
- I’m trying all kinds of new foods and recipes!
- I’m doing a better job at seeing connections between the foods I eat and how I feel after eating them
- I’m more conscious of food labels. Even though something might look healthy or be vegan it might actually be loaded with sugar, etc.
- I’m better about getting in bed early.
- I’m doing a better job at handling skepticism about my vegan diet from others.
- I’m more informed about a variety of issues such as GMOs and political intervention in the food industry
- I have developed new methods of handling my stress.
“I think many people are uninformed or misinformed about nutrition. Obviously, many people struggle with weight. I’ve been spending more time at the hospital recently because of my kidney stones and I’m always surprised by how many people are there. It definitely makes me wonder if some of their issues could have been prevented/improved by making different dietary choices. I think many lives could be improved by seeing a dietitian rather than just automatically turning to medication or just accepting their situation and not doing anything at all.
I would recommend YOU in particular because I think you’re really fun, knowledgeable, down-to-earth, and you really care about your clients!
If they [people] allow themselves to be open to new experiences and are receptive to your advice then this can really be life-changing! This is a great way to invest in yourself – this experience has really added a lot of value to my life!
You’re just all-around awesome and I’ve really enjoyed working with you!”
H.R., Foundations of Health Graduate
We followed up with this amazing client and our work together from two years ago. Here’s what she wrote:
“I’m happy to report that I still haven’t had any more kidney stone incidents and rarely get sick anymore! I think both are mainly attributable to my healthier eating habits so I’m very thankful for you helping me find my way with that :)”
She has really made our work together the foundation of her life and is reaping the benefits, years later. This is a beautiful part of our mission of empowering others to live at a higher level. We are grateful for the trust you put in us and the process.