2 lbs Broccoli florets
1 lb Brussels Sprouts
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons olive oil or grass-fed butter, softened
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 lemon juice and zest
1 pinch cayenne
Celtic Sea or Himalayan salt and pepper
1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese from grass-fed animal (optional)
2 Tbsp. raw Almonds, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash veggies and dry thoroughly.
2. Slice broccoli stems into 1/4 inch thick rounds, cut florets in bite sized pieces. Have as many flat sides as possible so they caramelize. Remove the ends of the Brussels sprouts and slice in half.
3. Place veggies in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet tray with sides. Toss with 2 T of the olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes depending on how crisp you like them. Stir halfway through and toss with fresh garlic. Remove from oven when finished and allow to cool slightly.
5. Whisk together the remaining 2 T oil, lemon juice and zest, dijon, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Toss with the veggies and cheese and almonds if using. Serve immediately or allow to come to room temperature.