Time: 20 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced (or use canned pineapple chunks)
- 1 jalapeno, minced (for a bit of spice/heat!)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt & pepper
- 2 tilapia fillets (substitute halibut or most fish, if desired)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl, combine avocado, pineapple, jalapeno pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice with salt and pepper to taste.
Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or use coconut oil. Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper and place on the baking sheet and broil until all areas are opaque, about 6-7 minutes. Fish will flake easily with a fork when ready – don’t over cook it!
Meanwhile, cook the quinoa until done (little ‘tail’ will emerge). Season with salt and/or butter, if desired. Add in baby spinach so it wilts. Serve fish with the salsa on top and add as side of the quinoa with spinach for a delicious & healthy dinner!